There are several ways you can use Rwandapedia services – to search for and share information or to contribute new content. When you share information with us, for example by sending a photo, we can make Rwandapedia even better. Information you share with us helps to build a comprehensive record of Rwanda’s development. It will also help us show you more relevant search results to make information sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want to be clear about how we’re using your information and the content you send us.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information Information we collect
We collect information to provide a comprehensive record of Rwanda’s development to people all around the world. This information is in the form of documents, photos, videos, audio files and other content.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. To build a comprehensive record of Rwanda’s development we need contributions from individuals. When we receive information from people around the world, be it photos, videos, documents or other content we evaluate it to ensure its accuracy before publishing it on Rwandapedia. Not all contributions will be suitable for Rwandapedia and we will make a decision for each piece of content sent to us.
- Information we get from institutions and agencies. Information about Rwanda’s development exists in government institutions and agencies, civil society organisations, non-government organisations and international bodies. We collect information from these institutions to ensure that we provide a comprehensive account of Rwanda’s development. The information is often in the form of documents, images, videos and audio recordings amongst others.
When you use our services or view content provided by Rwandapedia, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service including your search queries
- Internet protocol address
- Location information How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our sources to provide, maintain and improve Rwandapedia content for our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results. We use information received from individuals and institutions to provide a comprehensive record of Rwanda’s development.
When you contact Rwandapedia, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements or new content added to the site. If you provide us with your personal contact details, they will not be passed on to any third party without your consent.
Take information out of many of our services
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
Information you share
Rwandapedia lets you share information with others via various social media sites. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google.